University departments may request Faculty/Staff/Student pictures to be used for
official University business. In order to have your University ID card sent to you,
we ask that you submit a professional color PASSPORT PHOTO. If a Passport Photo
is not possible, you may send a color snapshot showing a full front view of your
head and shoulders according to the requirements shown on this site.
To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page.
You must check the accepted box just above the Proceed to step XX Button to go to
the next step.
We accept Passport style photos. Please note that photos will be cropped to just
the face in the picture.
Step 1 of 8
The UCard photo requirements are similar to those for U.S. Passports. The photo
you submit must:
- Be 300 x 400 pixels in size
- Be of you (We know, but if we didn’t say it….)
- Be taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Be in color
- Be taken in front of a plain white background
- Have a small space between the top of your head and the top of the image.
- Have a slightly larger space between the bottom of your chin and the bottom of the
- Be taken with a neutral facial expression or a natural smile with both eyes open
- Be taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis:
- Uniforms, clothing that looks like a uniform, and camouflage attire should not be
worn in photos except in the case of religious attire that is worn daily.
- You may only wear a head covering if you wear it daily for religious or medical
purposes. Your full face must be visible and your head covering cannot obscure your
hairline or cast shadows on your face.
- Hairbands, headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable
in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles,
they may be worn for your photo. Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo.
- Dark glasses, transitional glasses (if they don’t lighten up enough), or non-prescription
glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons
(a medical certificate may be required).
- Not be a group photo
- Not be derogatory in any way (The UCard Office reserves the right to reject any
photo that we feel is inappropriate.)
Please remember that this photo is for identification purposes. The picture must clearly identify you.
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram below:
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo,
please proceed to Step 2. You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
- Proceed to Step 2 by clicking in the box presented to you on Step 1 of the UCard
site as shown below and then clicking on the box that says “Proceed to Step 2”:
Step 3 of 8
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to crop or resize your photo. After you
are finished, you will be able to compare your photo with a sample provided. Please
crop or resize your photo now or if you are satisfied, continue to Step 4. You can
also remove the file and start over.
Click on the button that says “Continue to Step 4”